• Different is GOOD. Never retreat from new and different experiences, opportunities, and challenges. It is not bad if you can learn something from it. Adding the unique value preposition, yes it is you; it is definitely not a mistake. Being different is a plus in most every instance - this is what true diversity is all about.
• Difficulty yields GROWTH. There will be no growth if you won’t stretch yourself, physically, emotionally and mentally. Your nearest potential will not be realized unless you try. But remember that this doesn’t mean that we must be stressed all the time because it is not healthy. We all need downtime to recover and rejuvenate. Never retreat and avoid something just because it is hard. Just go with it, step forward and eventually you'll figure out a way through it.
• Failing is LEARNING. Don’t take failing all negatively, remember that some of your best experiences and development will come from. You will learn a lot from failing, most of the learning in life is learned from it. And keep in mind that you are not a failure just because you failed. It will allow you to figure out the difference between being the best and being your best.
• LEAN ON others. Learn to have a good relationship with other people, life is about the relationships you create, develop, and grow. Remember the saying no man is an island; it is because your journey is not one that you must go alone. You will grow much from the support of others and will have opportunities to support others yourself. Many of life's greatest joys come from this. People who make you better and don't tear you down are people you need in you life.
• IT IS all about YOU (not them). There will always be people who will put you down and you will run to them almost often. They will call you out in a negative light and these may come for whatever reason, and sometimes that reason won't be evident. They will work to derail you. Don't worry about them and their success, focus on yours. It is you that is important and not them. This is the proverbial: "Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you react to it." You have no hold on how those around you behave, but you absolutely have ownership of every choice you make.